We are hiring a Production Manager to manage all aspects of our greenhouse production. The Production Manager will play a vital role in the company’s new product launches across the Hawaiian islands and overall production.
- Guarantee that the production of all plants and products meet the company’s standard and quality.
- Responsible for all production related tasks completed in a timely manner
- Supervise, organize, and direct the team of employees to accomplish the daily required tasks for any given day.
- Manage all product distribution, order fulfillment and purchases
- Act as a liaison between Retailers and company
- Build and maintain strong relationships with leadership, buyers and customers
- Inventory management and submitting purchase order requests to maintain necessary amounts of materials required.
- Read and understand all department SOPs for the operation regardless of the task not being the manager’s direct responsibility.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Organic Compliance
- Make any recommendations to the operations procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- The management and scheduling of all employees.
- Resolve employee disputes.
- Coordinate effectively with other departments to meet the productions needs and goals.
- Management of labor resources to meet budgetary goals and improve on current operation.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to multitask and work independently in a dynamic environment.
- Clear and precise communication.
- Welcoming to responsibility and delegating tasks appropriately to a number of different employees.
- Strong organization skills and ability to track and record many different types of information.
- Eagerness and motivation to learn and potentially grow within the company.
- Confidence to approach confrontation.
- Ability to safely drive and operate a small box truck.
Required Technical Skills:
- Computer proficiency with: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook or similar email client.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Pesticide applicator license (can be obtained after hiring).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of management/supervision experience.
- Ability to relocate to Maui, HI
- Flexible work schedule that could include some weekends.
- Understanding and experience with many different types of greenhouse and hydronic growing systems.
- Operational and/or Ag background. Mechanically inclined, Fork Lift Experience.