MAUI GREENS INC
Maui Greens, the parent company of Colors Living Produce, is a young technology company that was founded in Maui, Hawaii, and is now expanding its team on the US mainland. We have developed a novel and disruptive process and technology for indoor vertical growing using a unique hybrid growing process that yields highly differentiated “live” packaged greens that customers love for their freshness, taste and unique presentation, at a cost that is much lower than any other indoor growing process, and using a process that is resource efficient, sustainable and organic.
Our growing processes been developed by leading plant scientists, and is now going into large volume led by a strong automation team.
Until now, we have marketed leafy greens varieties to retailers in Hawaii such as Costco, Whole Foods, Safeway, and others. We are now looking for an energetic, driven and innovative leader to join our team as we expand our operations from Hawaii to the mainland and introduce customers all over North America and eventually the world to our amazing products.
We are well financed by leading investment firms and family offices. The company has just recently raised over $20 million in funding.
We are hiring a Chief Marketing Officer to lead, implement and oversee all marketing and branding efforts and personnel. The CMO will play a vital role in the growth of our branding strategy and development of our larger go-to-market plan on the Mainland. This position reports directly to the CEO of the company.
Serve as a key member of the executive team, collaborating closely with our Engineering, Plant Science and Operations teams to develop a comprehensive marketing, sales, and growth strategy.
- Develop and implement efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing activities in all media channels to drive growth through multiple channels
- Develop and implement Maui Greens’ go-to-market strategy for new and existing products
- Grow and develop the in-house marketing team
- Manage and oversee all marketing agencies and contractors
- Responsible for the company’s marketing budget and hiring plan
- Implement all operating procedures for the marketing department
EXPERIENCE | REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years of successively greater marketing responsibilities including strategic marketing, product selection, pricing and positioning at a successful consumer company, preferably in one of the following industries: food retail, perishable foods, consumer goods
- Track record of being part of building a new brand and creating a category
- Outstanding communication, creative and analytical abilities with expertise in multiple channels such as Retail, B2C, Social media and B2B
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or relevant field; MBA/Masters is a plus
COMPENSATION | BENEFITS
- Competitive benefits package and stock options in a startup environment
- This position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, but is a remote location is possible so long as the candidate is willing to travel as required